Re: AW: Octave installation Windows 7

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: AW: Octave installation Windows 7
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:54:43 -0700 (PDT)

Stampfli Marx wrote
> I installed ghostscript and I set the path in octavert
> setenv ("PATH", [ getenv("PATH")  pathsep  "C:\\Program
> Files\\gs\\gs9.06\\bin"]).
> strsplit (getenv ("PATH"), ";") shows that the path is set correctly.
> But my print('figTest.png','-dpng') still does not create the *.png file.
> My good old octave 3.03 creates very good *.png files, even better than
> 3.2.4.
> I know 3.6.x supports quaternions, which I'd like to simulate android
> smartphones in octave
> What can I do?

Well, first of all, stop top posting.
Please answer below the mail so the thread can be tracked by latecomers.
Read on.....

> Marx

In the ghostscript ./bin directory, copy gswin32c.exe to gs.exe.

Actually this bug has been reported before in the bug tracker (earlier this
year, around spring IIRC), but I can't find it right now.
It might have been fixed, I don't know.
But indeed this is a creepy one.

Philip