Re: xlread in 3.6.1

From: TedSwift
Subject: Re: xlread in 3.6.1
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:17:17 -0700 (PDT)

I've followed this thread, but am still not able to get
chk_spreadsheet_support
to check out right. After putting Java in what I thought was the right
place, these are the results of my last check:

octave:5> chk_spreadsheet_support ('', 3)

Checking Excel/ActiveX/COM... not working.

Checking Java support...
  1. Checking Java JRE presence.... OK, found one.
  2. Checking Octave Java support... error: No Java support found:
`java_invoke' undefined near line 49 column 16.
error: called from:
error:
C:/Octave/Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2/share/octave/packages\io-1.0.18\chk_spreadsheet_support.m
at line 176, column 3

Something fundamental is still missing, or I don't have the setenv path set
right. Are there any other diagnostic tools that will help me figure out
where the breakdown is? Thanks, all.
-Ted