Re: GNU Octave 3.6.3 Released

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: GNU Octave 3.6.3 Released
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

C.H.M. Broeders wrote

> Hi,
> the error
> On make check, octave-3.6.3 panics at liboctave/Sparse.cc
> disappears if liboctave/Sparse.cc is taken from version octave-3.6.2.

Yep, with that trick I get:
  PASS  10179
  FAIL      6
with the usual (for MinGW) fails:
2 X data.cc (Inf vs NaN)
1 X mappers.cc (isprint)
1 X mread.cc  (~ "cannot find magic.mgk")
1 X residue.m ("dimensions don't match")
1 X speed.m ("All running times were zero")

On Linux Mageia 2 (with actual 3.6.3 Sparse.cc):
 PASS 10191
 FAIL        0
with the note that pcg.m and pcr.m both segfault (I think because of
miscompiled Mageia-supplied dependencies; happens consistently on Mageia,
also with earlier Octave versions on Mageia 1) and had to be ignored.

> The bug handling seems to be not fully successful

What "bug handling" do you refer to? I see a few patches in the Sparse.cc
file log; which one do you mean?

P.