Re: plot and graphs

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: plot and graphs
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:46:00 -0400

On Sep 3, 2012, at 7:59 AM, Mahvish Nazir wrote:

> What if we have a function say (cos(t^2))^2*exp(i*t) and we want to plot its
> integral over the limits -5 to 5? how do we do that?

I apologize if this isn't particularly helpful .... *but* we recently added
splinefit() to Octave (not yet included in a released version).  Using this
function (see the attached m-file), the result illustrated in the attached pdf
was produced.  If you'd like to use this function, you can download splinefit.m
at the link below.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/2dd4f5930108/scripts/polynomial

You'll also need the __splitfit__.m which is in the "private" directory.

Ben