Re: Cloning is good (was Re: How to get the help of @?)

From: Israel Herraiz
Subject: Re: Cloning is good (was Re: How to get the help of @?)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 21:45:21 +0200

Excerpts from Sergei Steshenko's message of Sun Sep 02 20:27:48 +0200 2012:
> I think you have subtly changed the subject/replaced the problem.

No, I did not. The problem I was referring to was this one, as stated
by yourself:

" as I wrote you on different occasions, you IMO do not demonstrate
understanding of SW architecture and of proper development
methodology. This particular example shows that you apparently ignore
the 'single point of change/maintenance' concept".

That concept you mention is IMO just a myth, as many other principles
of software engineering. My point was (or at least, attempted to be :)
that the concept you mention is not backed by any empirical evidence,
and I provided empirical evidence of the opposite. That is, the
opposite of that concept is true. So your accusation of lack of
software engineering knowledge is based on a principle which has been
shown to be false with empirical evidences.

Cheers,
Israel

--
Israel Herraiz
Assistant Professor / Profesor Ayudante Doctor