Saving to a file bigger than 4 GB?

From: vilsu
Subject: Saving to a file bigger than 4 GB?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 07:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

I have a thing running in Octave. Octave saves my results to a file that
gets bigger and bigger. At about 4.1 GB Octave stops saving and says it can
not do that anymore.

I have Windows XP 32 bit, PEntium 4 running at 2.4 GHz and Octave is the
precompiled Windows version.

Is there a way to increase this 4.1 limit so my results could be saved?

Thanks in advance for all you Octave forumers!

yours Vilsu