Re: Parsing XML in Octave

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Parsing XML in Octave
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:54:05 +0100

On 23 August 2012 13:26, George Profenza <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to process and plot some data coming from xml
> and I don't know where to start from. I've tried to compile and install
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave-xmltools/
> but was unsuccessful.

You should contact them about this.

> I installed the octave-miscellaneous package
> (based on the macports decription: "Miscellaneous tools including waitbar,
> xml tools, etc")
> but I couldn't fine anything relevant to XML in the reference.

Those functions have been moved from the miscellaneous to the io
package. Install those. However, those functions have no
documentation, the person who wrote them hasn't replied before so
you'll need to read its source.

> How can I get started with XML in Octave ?

Is Octave the best tool for such task? Even if you have to use Octave,
it has the perl and python functions so maybe you can have perl of
python scripts taking care of that part? That's what I'd do.

Carnë