Re: octave 3.6.2 build error: invalid preprocessing directive #!

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave 3.6.2 build error: invalid preprocessing directive #!
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 16:36:19 -0400

On 16 August 2012 16:22, Richard <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 16/08/2012 17:32, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

>> Can you please show me the output of the following commands?
>>
>>      echo '#include <map>' > foo.c++
>>      cpp foo.c++
>>      echo $CFLAGS
>>      echo $CXXFLAGS
>
> Sorry for the delay, here's the output:
>

> bash-4.1$ echo '#include <map>' > foo.c++
> bash-4.1$ cpp foo.c++
> # 1 "foo.c++"
> # 1 "<built-in>"
> # 1 "<command-line>"
> # 1 "foo.c++"
> # 1 "/usr/bin/map" 1 3
> In file included from foo.c++:1:
>
> /usr/bin/map:1:2: error: invalid preprocessing directive #!

Your gcc is broken. I don't know how, I don't know why, but your gcc
thinks /usr/bin contains header files and it thinks /usr/bin/map is
this header file:

    http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/stl/map/

I suppose the next thing to do is figure out who setup your system and
tell them to fix it. You are unable to compile any C++ file that does
"#include <map>".

- Jordi G. H.