Re: "Input" displays text but does not assign value to variable

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: "Input" displays text but does not assign value to variable
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 17:36:38 -0400

On 8 August 2012 17:29, f98chgr <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, yes. I'm using GUI Octave. I was looking for a MATLAB alternative and
> just came across it.

GUI Octave is not made by us, it's non-free, and it has inherent
limitations due to the way it functions. You just ran into another
such limitation.

I recommend you use Octave without a GUI and use Notepad++ as a text
editor and peruse the manual:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/

Octave is a programming language, and a GUI doesn't help you avoid
learning this programming language.

If you really cannot function without a GUI, you can wait a few more
months for when Octave's native GUI will be released.

- Jordi G. H.