Re: Centos 5 compiling 3.6 problem with BLAS? ATLAS?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Centos 5 compiling 3.6 problem with BLAS? ATLAS?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 17:45:02 -0400

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 02:03:36PM -0700, spasmous wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the latest octave on Centos 5. Configure works
> fine with these options:
>
> ./configure --with-blas=/usr/lib64/libblas.so.3
> --with-lapack=/usr/lib64/liblapack.so.3 --without-curl
>
> However when I run make I see errors like this:
>
> ../liboctave/.libs/liboctave.so: undefined reference to `zgetri_'
> ../liboctave/.libs/liboctave.so: undefined reference to `zgemm_'
> ../liboctave/.libs/liboctave.so: undefined reference to `zgesdd_'
> ../liboctave/.libs/liboctave.so: undefined reference to `cgemv_'
> ../libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `sdot_'
> etc.
>
> I don't know how to proceed - help would be much appreciated!

I can build Octave 3.6.2 on CentOS 5 with

    ./configure --without-curl --disable-docs

no need for the other options, configure should find the appropriate
BLAS and LAPACK libs automatically. Make sure you have installed the
blas-devel and lapack-devel packages. Or you can add the EPEL repository
and install atlas-devel to use ATLAS instead.

Make sure you have the appropriate -devel packages installed and try
building again with that configure command and let us know if it still
fails to link.

--
mike