SOCIS 2012 students

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: SOCIS 2012 students
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:07:37 -0400

    http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/socis-2012-students/
    http://planet.octave.org

Octave has acquired two students for the European Space Agency’s
Summer of Code In Space.

Wendy Liu is a Django enthusiast who will be working on finishing
Agora Octave. She is a capable webdev, having already built several
successful websites, and she is also no stranger to free software and
free development, as she is involved with the phpBB community.

Andrius Sutas is familiar with hardware interfaces and will be working
on our low-level I/O project for Octave. He has been active in his
university robotics student team which has recently announced the
development of BLUEbot. In addition to this, he is a capable Unix
sysadmin and is familiar with C++ and low-level C and assembly.

Let’s welcome them both and help them achieve success with their projects.

- Jordi G. H.