Problem Loading Data

From: Andrew_JT
Subject: Problem Loading Data
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:51:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I am trying to load a data file, that is in the M File type.

I have changed the directory to the location that I have the file, and
confirmed the new location with pwd.

I was not expecting problems with the file because it is from the machine
learning class from Coursera.

But when I write load (using the command load filename.m) I get an error
message that says "inconsistent number of columns near line 2" and "unable
to extract Matrix size from filename.M"

Any help is appreciated. I am also interested in a general idea of the file
types that Octave can handle, points on loading data, and general tips for
using Octave in Windows.

Thank you for the assistance.

Best,
Andrew