Re: Intergration help required

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Intergration help required
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:52:20 +0200

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 24 July 2012 07:26, haazu <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi I am new to Octave, trying to solve the below integral in octave. please
>> help: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4631617/Untitled.png
>> The limits are -5 to +5,
>> I am solving a problem relating to radar and came up with this integral...
>> Any clue how to solve this?
>
> What does a "solution" mean to you? If you want symbolic integration,
> Octave is the wrong tool for the task, because it's not a CAS.
>
> If you want numerical integration, then you need to assign values to
> the constants and choose a discretisation of the integration domain.
> Then use one of the quad function.
>
> HTH,
> - Jordi G. H.

Hi,
As Jordi said, if you are in the symbolic case you better use another
software (Sage, Maxima, etc...).
If you are in the numerical case and you have numerical values for all
your constants you can create a function handle of the integrand and
use any of the quad* a nd related functions
try

   lookfor integral

in your octave prompt

--