octave on linux Mint

From: pantxo diribarne
Subject: octave on linux Mint
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:09:48 +0200

Hello,

I installed linux Mint13 (Cinamon/Mate)  on a brand new workstation and want to install latest Octave release. I saw that it was supposed to be available on this platform (http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Octave_for_GNU/Linux), but I couldn't figure out the way to install it. I tried to install through the application manager.

Should I install Debian edition?
Should I add a particular ppa/repository to synaptic?

Pantxo

PS : I am new to linux but have basic knowledge on unix systems.