Re: simple advice needed on input and output

From: vilsu
Subject: Re: simple advice needed on input and output
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 22:00:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Nicholas and everyone else reading this.

I have been using Octave now. I must say it is blazing fast! When using
Maxima it took me 2 hours to calculate 70 000 lines of matrix
multiplication, now with Octave+GUI 250 000 lines of matrices took half an
hour. So speed is X15. Not bad. And I even considered getting new gear...

Anyhow. Here is my "code":

fid = fopen ("in.txt");
     for i = 1:229799
        x = eval (fgetl (fid))
        save -append out.txt x
     endfor;
fclose (fid)

I really am "a little bit" surprised to get this working. It feels like a
miracle. Seems that Octave can swallow pretty much anything I throw at it.

I would like to know, what do you think of my "code", as this is my first
piece ever.

for is the number of lines in the in.txt

Out.txt is the resulting file, full of #blablabla -lines, which need to be
edited away. Can be done easily with Notepad++.

Anyhow, I thank you all for porting this wonderfully powerful program to
Windows for us not-computer-savvy.

Thankful for your reply, yours gratefully, Vilsu