Re: How to install all toolboxes with one command?

From: Jason Moore
Subject: Re: How to install all toolboxes with one command?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:51:35 -0500

'sudo apt-get install octave-*' should install all packages in the repository. I think Mint piggybacks off of Ubuntu repositories if I remember right. Not sure if Ubuntu has all the packages however. 'apt-cache search octave' should tell you what packages are there.

On 06/27/2012 06:32 PM, Nash A wrote:
I am new to octave. I searched but not able to find such a command.

I am on linux. I'd like to install all available octave packages in one command. These are all the packages in octave-forge (and any other that it is possible to do) but I prefer to do this in one command.

When I try to use apt, it is not finding octave-forge package:

>sudo apt-get install octave-forge
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package octave-forge

Does one have to download one package at a time and install one by one from source-forge web site? This does not make sense.

I am on Linux mint, using octave 3.2.4

May be linux mint does not have this octave-forge as one package? Any one knows of a different Linux OS that might have octave-forge as one package?

Thank you,
Nash