Re: filtering logical array

From: seektime
Subject: Re: filtering logical array
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:12:56 -0700 (PDT)

y = (conv(a,conv([1 1 1],[1 1 1]))>5)(3:end-2)

Hi Bob and Mike,

Thanks for your input. I want to learn more about convolution - obviously
it's a neat and elegant (and probably fast) way of coding and execution.

However, after playing around for some time I still fail to see the
underlying rules to configure the three constants (5, 3, 2) in the above
line of code. The logical array a I provided was only an example. In reality
I'm applying the code on much larger arrays, with considerably longer
strings of 1's. So "y" needs to be calculated for strings of 20-100 1's. The
solution I provided works for me. But it'll be great if you give me a hint
on what rule the constants follow for convolution.
Thanks again,
Michael