Re: Loading and average PGM files

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Loading and average PGM files
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:02:05 -0400

On 26 June 2012 15:34, Mathieu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it gives the same for me...

Okay, then it looks like graphicsmagick is compiled properly...

> But is that normal when I stand in the graphicsmagick directory and that I
> run this command :
>

> address@hidden:~/Graphicsmagick/graphicsmagick-1.3.12$ grep -in
> "quantum" configure

This is irrelevant.

On 26 June 2012 15:45, Mathieu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Maybe I have to edit this file as well as debian/rules before launching this
> command : sudo dpkg-buildpackage

I thought you already did this? What does your current debian/rules
for graphicsmagick look like?

Also, please be careful with sudo. You don't need sudo to run
dpkg-buildpackage. I was very careful about where you need sudo.
dpkg-buildpackage only builds .debs, but doesn't install them, so it
doesn't need root privileges to do this.

If you've followed my instructions, I don't know why Octave still
thinks graphicsmagick was compiled with 8-bit depth. The only thing I
see is that I also installed the graphics-imagemagick-compat .deb
package I compiled from the graphicsmagick source package, but this
shouldn't make a difference to what you've presumably done.

Of course you installed the self-compiled graphicsmagick packages
before *building* Octave, right?

- Jordi G. H.