Re: Matrix manipulation

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Matrix manipulation
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:25:19 +0200

>I have a problem with a Matrix manipulation. Basically my matrix is
>four columns wide.  I want to manipulate only columns two to four
>(first column is only numbering of rows).  The manipulation goes as it
>should and the numbers in columns two to four are correct, but first
>column that I only want to rewrite to a new file together with other
>three columns comes out as all zeros and I do not understand
>why. Octave gives no errors just simply ignores first column and its
>values.

Could you give an example of the code you are using?

For example, this is a four-column matrix:

octave> magic(4)
ans =
   16    2    3   13
    5   11   10    8
    9    7    6   12
    4   14   15    1

What do you do with this matrix, what do you get, and what do you expect?

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107