Re: Doc files for octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Doc files for octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:21:08 -0400

On 21 June 2012 11:14, Francesco Potortì <address@hidden> wrote:
> Downloading and installing is definitely simpler than creating an
> installer.  One cannot expect random Mac users to do that.  I'm saying
> this because it seems you are blaming the original poster for not
> creating an installer :)

No, I'm blaming the people who want an installer for not creating one.
We're almost all volunteers, stuff is done by whoever wants it to get
done.

I do have access nowadays to a McSystem, but my motivation is low for
creating a dmg. I'd rather fix bugs about sparse matrices and fscanf
that seem more pressing to me personally. There is a nonzero chance
for me to try my hand at this again, but at the moment, I'm not
feeling motivated. I've built dmgs in the past, but I was getting paid
to do so. Doing so again without pay to offset the discomfort of
having to use a crippled Unix is not motivating.

I also don't think there's a reason we should expect users of iThings
to be less capable than any other kind of user. If I can build
binaries for Debian, they can think different and build binaries for
their system.

- Jordi G. H.