speed problem

From: elier
Subject: speed problem
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:32:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi to everyone, I'm new using octave, I have used it for processing grayscale
images. Now I'm traslating an old script from matlab to octave, the matlab
is very ineficient because uses "for" to every operation. In the octave
script I optimized some of this operations, using the find function and
conditional matrices. I hope that the octave scripts works faster than the
matlab one, but the take about 7 times more time. I dont know what happen.
I hope that someone cant help me