Graphics: Occlusion culling of surfaces?

From: Andrew Lampinen
Subject: Graphics: Occlusion culling of surfaces?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:06:22 +0800

Hello,

I am trying to write a function which generates bivariate histograms in octave (something like matlabs hist3, NOT something like imagesc).

I am attempting to draw the patches and lines manually, but the displayed plots look wrong because octave (as best I can tell) displays the most recently drawn item on top.

Is there some implementation of occlusion culling for patches and lines in octave? If not, how do functions like surface avoid these problems?

I attached a picture of sample output, so you can see what I am talking about. (In the picture, the red box is supposed to be 3 units high and centered at (2,2))

Thanks,

-Andrew Lampinen