Re: Octave for Mac with Reference Lapack

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: Octave for Mac with Reference Lapack
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:35:26 -0700

Sorry for the delay, I got sidetracked due to releasing a new fink.

On 6/11/12 3:52 AM, Lukas Reichlin wrote:

> That would be very nice! I deleted MacPorts from my 10.7 machine as Donald
> described and installed octave362 from Fink. It works, but I have to type
> "octave-3.6.2" instead of "octave" to start octave from the terminal. Now my
> question is how can I change this? Do I need to install the "octave" package?

Yes.  I need to make this clearer in the package description.

 Will this install another octave binary or will it create some kind of
symbolic link?

It installs the link "octave" -> "octave-3.6.2", along with the info
file and some unversioned directories.

Shall I create such a link manually? How?

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison