How to print (i.e., save to a file) just the plot you want, out of sever

From: Mark Lytle
Subject: How to print (i.e., save to a file) just the plot you want, out of several?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 05:05:21 -0700 (PDT)

To all,

I have an Octave program that outputs 5 plots labelled figure 1 through figure 5.  If i want to save figure 3 to a .png file, how do I do it?   I've tried deleting all of the plots from the workspace but the one I want, but even then, executing:

print("figure3.png", "-dpng");

retrieves the last figure (figure 5) from somewhere (though I deleted it first), and ignores my meaning, that is, to print just figure 3. How do I do this?

Thanks,

Mark Lytle

Houston