Re: Optimising the Keen-Minsky Model

From: richard
Subject: Re: Optimising the Keen-Minsky Model
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:58:24 +0100

Hi c,

Please find attached the revised KeenMinsky02d.m

It runs some 25% slower, but I find it easier to read.

I tidied up a few things and some things I tried did not
work as expected. For example, I tried replacing "Minsky"
with E(19) and Octave complained ... I will see if I can
find a better way of doing that, but it may be the logical
way to make changes to the varible under test.

"serial version with outer loop" greatly helped debugging,
as the error messages provided by the parallel version were
somewhat cryptic (and I did a few really dumb things).

I may have found a bug -
the original "serial version with outer loop" code had this
#  Y(:, j) = X(1:end-1, 3);
this worked in the original version, but octave complained
in the new code
error: KeenMinsky02d: A(I,J,...) = X: dimensions mismatch

Changed to >  Y(:, j) = X(1:end-0, 3);

regards

Richard