Re: help : how to load only a part of a matrix in octave

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: help : how to load only a part of a matrix in octave
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:32:00 +0200

>> I think fopen also load the huge matrix into memory.What i need is to
>> load only a small part because i have only small memory.
>
>cut the matrix in slices before feeding it to octave

There should be no need to do that.  Use fseek to go to the point in the
file where you want to start reading and the use fread to read it.  And
no, fread just uses the C libarry fread, which reads few kB at a time.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107