Re: Problem entering functions

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Problem entering functions
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 15:28:44 +0200

On 6/1/2012 2:38 PM, James Sherman Jr. wrote:
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:09 AM, George, Michael David
<address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    I'm trying to just run a simple root locus problem but I can't even
    use the transfer function on octave.

    Here's what I type in and this is what I get:

    sys=tf([1], [1 8 32 0]);
    error: 'tf' underfined near line 7 column 5

    What am I doing wrong??

    Michael George

It seems like you do not have the control package installed.  You can
install it from here:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/control/index.html

and the instructions to install are here:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/index.html

Hope this helps,

James Sherman

James,
that is the last resort as "pkg install control*"
is in reality a "compile from source and install" ;
it is not for everyday and require a lot of prerequisite.

The easy solution it check the availability of the control
package in binary format for whatever system Michael is using.
If/when installed than "pkg load control" is much effortless.

Regards
Marco