Re: Problem with GraphicsMagick-1.3.12

From: carlos lopez
Subject: Re: Problem with GraphicsMagick-1.3.12
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:25:35 +0000 (UTC)

> > Octave\Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2. When I try ro read a tiff image with imread I
> > get "warning: your version of GraphicsMagick limits images to 16 bits per
pixel". The GraphicsMagick version I have is 1.3.12.

> it is only a warning, it is unlikely that you need 32 bit.
> 16 bit is the default of GraphicsMagick
Hello Marco:
I am afraid that some application areas (like geographic information) might
use raster (i.e. image) format to store information. One clear example is
Digital Elevation Models, requiring 32 bits (or even more, I guess) to
properly describe it.
Regards
Carlos