Octave for Mac with Reference Lapack

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Octave for Mac with Reference Lapack
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:29:24 +0200

Hi Alexander

Would you help me creating an Octave variant for Fink with reference BLAS and
LAPACK libraries (both included in lapack 3.4.1 from
http://www.netlib.org/lapack/)?

The reason for such a variant is that I'm experiencing problems with stuff like
wrong Hankel singular values and non-converging SVDs with both ATLAS and
Apple's Accelerate/Veclib framework. The SLICOT authors recommend that I use
the reference LAPACK implementation from Netlib. It solved the problems, and
now I would like to use reference LAPACK also for Octave itself and not only my
control package.

Best regards,
Lukas