Re: I can not save images of graphs

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: I can not save images of graphs
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 21:04:56 +0200

Am 28.05.2012 20:53, schrieb gzmiky:
> Hi, Ben!
> I use correctly the functions print and saveas, thi is not the problem.
> Instead I think the problem is my pc... I have windows 7, 64bit.... but is
> not updated. I need of any particular update??? I tried octave 3.4 and
> 3.2... both crashing when i used the function print or saveas. The crash of
> octave occurs only i use "print" or "saveas" with "surf or "mesh", if I use
> "plot" and "print" or "saveas" octave do not crash... can you help me
> please??

Just to see if it has anything to do with the graphics toolkit you are
using (I think the windows version has fltk as default) can you try
gnuplot as backend.
As the very first statement after you start octave and before doing
anything else try

graphics_toolkit gnuplot

then repeat your statements which lead to the crash, is it still crashing?