Re: Problem installing packages

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Problem installing packages
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 11:11:36 -0400

On 24 May 2012 10:08, ramack <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am having the same issue installing new packages from the GUI.

There is no GUI yet. If you mean QtOctave, it's abandoned and
scheduled to be deleted from the repositories.

> My OS is Debian Testing i386

You should not be using pkg install to install OF packages in Debian.
They are already packaged for Debian with apt. So e.g. instead of
doing "pkg install signal" from Octave, you should do "aptitude
install octave-signal" from bash.

In fact, I wish we could stop telling people to use pkg install,
because it's a very brittle way of getting packages to people.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.