Re: Problem installing packages

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Problem installing packages
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 13:10:00 +0100

On 22 May 2012 01:54, Alexander Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
> You can edit mkoctfile-3.6.1  and change the  settings in that.
> You can also edit oct-conf.h and do the same thing
>
> I think most Octave Forge packages use the settings from mkoctfile, and
> some may pick up oct-conf.h (I may be wrong about that).

Is this is a bug on the miscellaneous package? Will this be fixed by using

ifndef MKOCTFILE
MKOCTFILE := mkoctfile -Wall
endif

Carnë

On 22 May 2012 21:00, Alexander Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'll redirect this thread, as this is a problem specific to the released
> version of the optim package when using Octave 3.6.0+ .  The symbols
> which aren't being found are from LAPACK.

have you tested with te development version? There has been some
patches about this on optim's Makefile, see
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/main/optim/src/Makefile?view=log

On 23 May 2012 00:17, notMyUsername <address@hidden> wrote:
> First there appears to be an extraneous "end" statement on line 109 of
> brent_line_min.m (right before "nev++").  That or whatever it ended is
> missing.   I just commented it out.
>
> Second, polyconf.m needs to have an "end" added to the end of the
> confidence() function (the very end of the file) otherwise 'pkg install'
> complains that "inconsistent function endings -- if one function is
> explicitly ended, so must all the others".

These 2 are already fixed on the new versions. But still thanks for reporting.