Re: I am finding a crash with sys1=tf(1,[1 3 2])

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: I am finding a crash with sys1=tf(1,[1 3 2])
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 18:36:15 -0400

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 04:55:36PM -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Lukas Reichlin <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > On 22.05.2012, at 22:44, Doug Stewart wrote:
> >

> > > On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Lukas Reichlin <
> > address@hidden> wrote:

> > control package? Possibly the oct-files need to be rebuilt.

> > 3.7.0+ development branch.

> > > See whether
> > >
> > >        is_real_vector (1)
> > >        is_real_vector ([1 3 2])
> > >
> > > works. is_real_vector is the only oct-file from control which is called
> > by tf.
> > > The code is very simple:
> > >
> > http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/main/control/src/is_real_vector.cc?revision=7855&view=markup
> > >
> > > Have you tried a fresh install of the control package?
> > >
> > > Lukas
> > >

> > > I tried
> > >       is_real_vector (1)
> > > and it crashed. (the window disappeared)
> > >
> > > --
> > > DAS
> >
> > OK, as we have now a simple test case, a core octave developer should have
> > a look at this. I'm afraid I can't help.
> >
> > Lukas
> >

> Thanks Lukas  -- I will dig deeper here.
>
> and thanks to Dmitri.  (spelled it right this time)

Hi Doug, I can reproduce and fix your problem.  They key point is that
you are installing packages in an Octave that is not the default in your
PATH.  If you run

 mkoctfile --version

from a shell, what do you see?

I have run into this before, one workaround is to set your PATH to
ensure that the mkoctfile is the one for the version of Octave you are
testing.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

I've been meaning to discuss changes necessary to fix this with Forge
package maintainers on the octave-dev list, I'll post there soon.

--
mike

Thank you Mike
You were correct.