Re: Problem installing packages

From: notMyUsername
Subject: Re: Problem installing packages
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 12:48:38 -0700 (PDT)

Alexander Hansen-2 wrote

> On 5/21/12 4:28 PM, notMyUsername wrote:
>> So since none of these variables are set outside of Homebrew  I presume
>> that
>> what I need to do is get Homebrew to use different CXX and CSSFLAGS when
>> it
>> builds Octave in the first place?  Is that where Octave is getting those
>> from?
>
> Yes.  Octave encodes the compilers and flags that you use to build it.
>
> You can edit mkoctfile-3.6.1  and change the  settings in that.
> You can also edit oct-conf.h and do the same thing

Much thanks.  I tried that and was able to build miscellaneous.  However, so
far I have not been able to build optim (these are all dependencies of the
packages I actually need).  optim won't link (regardless of compiler):

       "_sdisna_", referenced from:
           F__disna_optim__(octave_value_list const&, int) in
__disna_optim__.o
       "_ddisna_", referenced from:
           F__disna_optim__(octave_value_list const&, int) in
__disna_optim__.o

I'm about to give up.