Re: set the default work directory when lauching Octave

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: set the default work directory when lauching Octave
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:11:31 -0400

On the Windows build, I noticed the last time I updated octave that
the following command was in the file
C:\Octave\Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2\share\octave\site\m\startup\octavrc

cd(getenv('USERPROFILE'))

issuing that command will set your starting wording directory to your
home directory.

putting ## in front of that line should allow Octave to start in
whatever location your Octave shortcut is set to use.  I.e., for a
windows shortcut to octave, if you right click on the shortcut icon
and select Properties, you'll see a "Start In" field. If this is
blank, then your session will start in the same location as the
shortcut. I.e., if the icon is on your Desktop, Octave will start in
your Desktop directory.

nickj