plotyy broken in 3.6.1?

From: notMyUsername
Subject: plotyy broken in 3.6.1?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 16:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I am having an issue when using 'plotyy()' in a subplot.  When I plot
something in a subplot of a figure and then attempt to plotyy() into another
subplot of that figure the correct y-axes are displayed, but only one of the
two curves is displayed.  I can sometimes see the other curve flash in the
subplot I am plotyy()-ing to but it immediately disappears when the second
curve is displayed.  The following test code seems to reproduce the issue
for me:

   clear
   figure(1)
   clf

   t=[0:1/1000:1];
   x=sin(2*pi*t);
   y=5*cos(2*pi*t);

   figure(1);
   subplot(3,1,1);
   hold on
   title('x(t)')
   plot(t,x);

   subplot(3,1,2)
   hold on
   title('y(y)')
   plot(t,y);

   subplot(3,1,3)
   hold on
   title('x(t), y(y)')
   plotyy(t,x,t,y);

Here is what I see when I run this:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4629948/Screen_shot_2012-05-19_at_7.41.57_PM.png

What I expect to see is both x(t) and y(t) plotted together in
subplot(3,1,3), each with its own y-axis.

If I don't use subplots plotyy() seems to work OK.

Am I doing something wrong or is plotyy() broken in 3.6.1?

Octave 3.6.1 from Homebrew
OS X 10.6.8