Re: octave dependancies ubuntu 12.04

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave dependancies ubuntu 12.04
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 13:28:11 -0400

On 19 May 2012 13:04, Luke M <address@hidden> wrote:

> But I do know that command didn't grab everything I needed.  I had to also
> install several basic development utilities that I didn't already have like
> automake, flex, and git.  Unfortunately I didn't keep a full list.

Those are extra dependencies needed if you're building from hg. If
you're building from a tarball, the command "apt-get build-dep
octave3.2" get almost all of the tools you need. There are a couple of
new dependencies for later versions of Octave regarding OpenGL
plotting, but that's it.

- Jordi G. H.