Re: Arpack problems

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Arpack problems
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 10:39:15 -0400

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 19 May 2012 09:47, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:
> configure: WARNING: ARPACK library found, but seems not to work properly --
> disabling eigs function
>
> I am on ubuntu 10.04
> and I have according to synaptic:
>
> libarpack++2-dev   vers 2.3-1
> libarpack++2c2a    vers 2.3-1
> libarpack2               vers 2.1+parpack96.dfsg-2build1
> libarpack2-dev       vers 2.1+parpack96.dfsg-2build1
>
> Anyone know what to do now????

The problem is that the ARPACK on Ubuntu is a bit old and buggy. You
need a newer version somehow. Debian unstable has a newer package, so
perhaps if you do something like add a source line

   deb-src http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib

to your /etc/apt/sources.list and then acquire the Debian source and build it

   apt-get source libarpack2-dev/sid
   sudo apt-get install build-dep libarpack2-dev
   cd arpack-3.1.0
   dpkg-buildpackage

you can then have a set of newer debs for Ubuntu that you can install
with dpkg -i.

I'm not sure if this is the easiest way. This only matters if you care
a lot about the eigs function, which is what ARPACK is used for.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.

Thanks Jordi I know that I don't need eigs, but I am having fun learning the compile environment.

--
DAS

https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html