Re: Octave 3.6.x packages for RHEL 6.2?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.x packages for RHEL 6.2?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 15:21:32 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

If nothing else work - I have built octave-3.6.1 and 77 packages for it using
my AppsFromScratch.

You don't need root permission, but you need time/patience - I build almost
"everything", including 'gcc' stack, gtk+ stack, etc.

If you decide to go this way, I'll help you if problems occur. On my
OpenSuse-11.1 box the build is "one button". i.e. a command line is entered,
and you wait.

Regards,
  Sergei.