Re: octave + mkl

From: Joshua Dillon
Subject: Re: octave + mkl
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 08:29:15 -0700

All interesting questions....  Unfortunately I was just playing with
MKL at home--I cannot use it at work due to its restrictive license.
Which is all the more reason why your questions are good and worth
answering.  If I have some extra cycles I'll look into these other
packages.  Frankly the only reason I tried to link octave against MKL
is because `ldd MATLAB` told me that's what they do and I would like
to see octave be as fast as (and as complete) as Matlab.

I am more interested in developing an octave toolbox for machine
learning.  It is my plan to do this over the coming months/years.
This effort would be nicely complemented by parallelized linalg ops.

Cheers,

Josh

--
Joshua V. Dillon, Ph.D.