Re: octave + mkl

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: octave + mkl
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 23:10:29 +0200

>MKL probably works faster.
>
>If so, end users care much more about performance than about ideology.

If people cared much more about performance than about ideology Octave
would simply not exist.

Please be more careful with your wording.  The Octave community does not
like to promote non-free software.

>End users, as long as they don't distribute Octave, have full right to
>combine free and non-free SW inside their version of Octave (of course,
>provided non-free SW license doesn't prohibit using it with free SW).

No one said anything different from this.

>It's very good there are people who promote ways to build faster Octave
>- despite your ideological objections.

Not here, please.  This community is mainly interested in free ways to
speed up Octave.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107