Re: [OctDev] Some OctConf announcements

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Some OctConf announcements
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:16:59 +0200

I could do 2 talks, one about Qt in general and one about the Octave GUI in context with GSoC. That's at least what I could contribute.

2012/5/16 Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden>
On 05/15/2012 06:18 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
Hello, everyone. A few things about OctConf 2012:

I've added a skeleton of a conference schedule:

    http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=OctConf_2012#Dates

If you'd like to give a talk, please let me know of the title of your
talk soon, and I'll schedule you in. If there are no talks, we'll just
schedule more code sprint time in there. For the lucky few of you that
have been offered funding, you're strongly encouraged to prepare a
talk (this is especially true for the GSoC students from abroad).

I will likely have something to attend the weekend before.  Given travel delays, if I do attend it would be the second half of the week.  My aim would be to initiate a method to speed up the cell creation and processing.  Perhaps a talk on Wednesday with a follow up talk/session on Friday would give people an opportunity to brainstorm the topic with the goal being an agreed-upon methodology by time the conference is done.  Programming could continue after the conference in the usual way.

Dan