compiling basic octave in VC++

From: Matt Flax
Subject: compiling basic octave in VC++
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 18:42:06 -0500

Hi there,

I am aware that some people have managed to compile octave using Microsoft's VC++ compiler.

I am interested in compiling only the bare basics to get a command line octave running.
Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

I can setup gnuwin32, as well as the VC++ environment variables to enable nmake and so on. Is anyone aware of how to run the ./configure ? I assume I have to use bash from msys to do this. However how do I get ./configure to be aware that it will use the VC++ compiler ? Is it even possible ?

Trauling through the .h files - it appears to be possible as various flags relating to MSVC++ exist, such as HAVE_MSVC_INVALID_PARAMETER_HANDLER from the file config.h

thanks
Matt