Re: In Octave, how do I specify that the solution to a matrix equation s

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: In Octave, how do I specify that the solution to a matrix equation should be over integers?
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 22:35:06 -0400

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Lkjnlkjn Lkjnlkjn <address@hidden> wrote:
In Octave, how do I specify that the solution to a matrix equation should be over integers? I.e., Given matrix A, vectors x and b; Ax=b. Find vector x=A^(−1)b such that all its entries are integers. While I'm primarily concerned with Octave, your answer may alternatively consider Wolfram|Alpha, or any other software available with a free online interface. If discussing Wolfram|Alpha or other systems, please also explain how to load a sparse matrix, which is currently in row, col, value format (i.e., I would prefer to do minimal format conversions).

If A is integers and its determinate is 1   then inv(A) will be integers.

Is that what you are looking for?

--
DAS

https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html