Tikz backend

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: Tikz backend
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 07:48:31 +0200

Hi,

I've recently found this talk about the tikz backend Søren programmed. Because I think this is a very elegant way to produce plots out of octave, I wanted to ask if there is any progress in this direction? I've attached the latest source of the code I found.
Reza

Hi All
I recently had to produce some graphics using TikZ for a paper. Doing
this made me realise what a simple way of expressing graphics TikZ
really is. I just spend an hour or two hacking a TikZ backend for the
graphics system together. I'm attaching the code.
To see it in action, run
  demo print_tikz
from Octave and
  pdflatex mytest.tex
from your shell. This will produce a 'mytest.pdf' for you to look at.
The code is very incomplete, and I'm not sure if I'll ever have the time
to finish it, but I thought I'd share anyway.
Søren