Re: orient tall with fltk

From: Jose
Subject: Re: orient tall with fltk
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 16:02:28 +0300

On 05/08/2012 02:51 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
However, if you like the convenience of "orient tall", the tightness of of
gnuplot's output, and wish to use pdflatex, there is a way to do all of that.

        close all;
        graphics_toolkit gnuplot;
        plot (rand (3))
        set (gca,'activepositionproperty','outerposition')
        orient tall
        print -depsstandalone foo
        system ("epspdf foo-inc.eps");

Then type "pdflatex foo.tex" from the shell prompt, and you should get
something like the attached foo.pdf. Does that do what you want?

Almost! :)

I could not find the epsstandalone option, but I found instead epslatexstandalone. The result is what you showed in your attachment, and the look is exactly what I want. But it produces a stand alone latex document, and I cannot use it straight with \input in a master document. So I tried instead the epslatex option instead, whose output I can include straight in latex. The problem now is how to scale the figure from the latex master document. Using \resizebox also resizes the fonts, so that is not an option.

Any further ideas? (Almost there, thanks!)

Jose