Re: orient tall with fltk

From: Jose
Subject: Re: orient tall with fltk
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 21:36:28 +0300

Hello Ben, thanks for the quick answer.

On 05/07/2012 08:04 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

Octave's OpenGL backends require than the plot be rendered on the
screen. To render the plot on screen you'll need a monitor with a
resolution of [30, 20] * 72 plus a bit more for the figure window's
toolbar, menubar and border.

Yep, the image that I used for the example is large by accident. But the same problem happens with more usual sizes, for example the default size.

A work around is reduce the size of the output and then scale it when
done.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean exactly. The size of the figure is not a problem, I can make it smaller as I commented. About scaling, do you mean scale the figure in the screen and then print it to a paper of size the same of the figure? Is the following what you mean?
---
octave:1> clear all
octave:2> graphics_toolkit fltk
octave:3> plot([1:10]);
octave:4> position=get (gcf, 'position')
position =
   1442     92    560    380
octave:5> fig_size=position(3:4)/72; %is 72->pixels/inches?
octave:6> set(gcf,'papersize',fig_size);
octave:7> print('-dpdf','foo2.pdf');
---

This does not work for me either. Could you please give me a detailed working example of what you mean? I'd appreciate it.

BR,
Jose