Re: emacs

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: emacs
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 14:31:17 -0400

Is there a convenient way to install a newer version of Octave on
Apple computers? The macports portfile seems to not be getting updated
despite a newer portfile being written, the brew formula has problems
and breaks mkoctfile, and the 3.4.0 dmg is old and showing its age.

Can we fix this?

If someone can give me ssh access and perhaps root access into a McNix
machine, I can probably generate a newer .dmg. I've done such a thing
in the past during a job. I really hate touching that OS, so I was
only doing it for pay. I want to do it again, for the greater good, if
only to stop people from using inferior packaged versions of Octave
that soil our good name.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.