Re: problem with placing legend with GNUplot

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: problem with placing legend with GNUplot
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 07:55:58 -0400

On May 4, 2012, at 12:38 AM, kovarka4 wrote:

> Wonderful!
>
> I'm using fltk, but I want to use gnuplot.
>
> close all
> graphics_toolkit gnuplot  work for one time. But when I close octave and
> open it again, there is again "fltk". Is there some possibility to change
> graphics_toolkit to gnuplot permanently?
>
> And I have some other problem. I'm using non-english symbols like á é í etc.
> Is there some possibility to use UTF-8?
>
> Thanks!

To change the default, edit your ~/.octaverc file and change the line ...

        graphics_toolkit fltk

        graphics_toolkit gnuplot

Regarding the non-english symbols, I tried ...

        text (0.5, 0.5, 'á é í')

and the resulted rendered as desired. If it does not for you, the problem is
with gnuplot and its fonts.

Ben