Re: quadcc not available

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: quadcc not available
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:13:15 +0100

On 30 April 2012 14:41, mr_m <address@hidden> wrote:

> ok sorry,
>
> openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64)
> VERSION = 11.4
> CODENAME = Celadon
>
> Thanks,
>
> Markus

I have never tried making a package for sharing, but compiling octave
on any linux system is pretty easy. This is based on my notes for
openSuSE 11.3 and 12.1 (interpolating suggests you should be fine).

dependencies:

add packman and science repositories (using yast)

as root

zypper install pcre-devel readline-devel fltk-devel
libGraphicsMagick++-devel gperf libcurl-devel glpk-devel libhdf5-devel
mesaglw-devel amd-devel umfpack-devel texlive pstoedit-devel transfig
gcc-fortran make

I am not quite sure of the package names, but if you search through
yast, you should find some more blas, lapack, gnuplot,  tex stuff,
that the configure step will tell you about.

then just grab source, and read on how to compile. It is a standard
autoconf approach.

--
/* andy buckle */